Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lucas Matthew Stacey has a name!!!

Lucas didn't have a name for the first day of his life. We were sifting through a few and just couldn't settle on one. We knew we wanted Matthew to be the middle name but that was it. Our list was short but strong: Lincoln, Lucas, Calvin, Isaac, and William. Matt also really liked Kit and Max but I sort of vetoed those. 
Eliza really took to the name Luke and more recently decided she wanted to call him Lukey. So the nurses wrote his "name" on the board. We really went back and forth and back and forth. I never knew it would be so hard. 
But I'm thinking this is sort of how baby boy felt about the whole back and forth nameless thing.
SO the time came and we HAD to settle on a name. I was leaning toward Isaac Matthew and Matt really was too. So he finally penned it on the birth certificate. Then after a nice, long trip to the bathroom, he came out and said he wanted his name to be Lucas. And I said OK. So we crossed Isaac out and Lucas it was forever more. I am so glad that is where we landed on a name. It fits him perfectly and can't imagine any other name for him. And even the nickname Lukey has grown on me, it's kind of like lucky and that's how we feel to have him in our family. 
Getting ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment