Saturday, March 30, 2013

2 Months with our Angel Eliza Snow


Eliza will always be asked if she was named after Eliza R. Snow…..Here is the real story: I was at the kohl’s and passing the baby section. I knew there was a possibility I was pregnant and knew names would be first on the list of things to talk about. As I left the Kohl’s that day, I knew I was having a little girl and I wanted her name to be Eliza. When I told Matt, he agreed that was the name….no debate. And there was definitely no need to talk boy names because it was a girl. :) When it was time for a middle name, we went back and forth saying, “it’s a nice name but just not the one,” for the remainder of my pregnancy.  Then Eliza was born January 29, 2013. We had a yellow form to fill out and still no middle name.  There were a few names we debated and Belle was on the top of the list but we were never absolutely in love. So we filled out the form and when it was time to give a middle name, we wrote Belle. The next day we wanted to turn in that form and it still didn’t sit well with either of us. It had snowed the entire day I was in labor and we had the windows open and enjoyed the white beauty. I love the snow, anticipate its arrival, and get very excited when I can enjoy a white blanket over our city. Later I casually mentioned to Matt, “how about Snow as a middle name?"  Then I quickly refuted it because her whole life she would be asked if she was named after Eliza R. Snow. Matt mentioned it to Dad Stacey and he said it was a wonderful name and that it is a beautiful thing to give a name that means something. He continued by saying it would give Eliza someone to study and learn about. Apparently everyone in the room agreed but did not say anything as to not sway us. So we returned to the papers the the following day, still feeling not completely decided about Belle and Matt mentioned he really liked Snow. After thinking about it during the night, I knew I liked it too so I quickly agreed and that was that. Our sweet miracle was named Eliza Snow Stacey. Eliza R. Snow will be studied often with our little girl and though she is not directly named after her, she does carry the name and I know she will carry it on well.  This name was not given by chance, and knowing that, is a wonderful blessing. I know this little angel was saved for our family at this time and she will be as loved as anyone was ever loved.We love Eliza Snow! 

 Eliza Snow Smiles
When she smiles, she smiles big.

Eliza Snow Cries
Too bad she is so darn cute even crying, It just makes us smile.

Eliza Snow Sleeps
We are grateful she has decided sleeping is an OK activity.
 
Eliza Snow Swings
She will cry and cry sometimes and then we put her in her swing and she is content and staring straight ahead. We're not sure what keeps her so entertained.

Eliza Snow Loves her Bouncer
She will sit in her bouncer and make cute, cute faces....or cry until we bounce her and when we stop bouncing, she will cry some more. :) 

Eliza Snow Once Loved Floor Time
Well it is no longer a favorite activity but we still give her some happy and some crying time on the floor.

Eliza Snow Goes On Walks
We have had some beautiful days this Spring and Eliza and I have enjoyed some outdoor fresh air.

Eliza Snow is 8 Weeks Old
The time really does speed by but every moment of it has been cherished with this incredibly sweet little girl. 
 
Eliza Snow Loves Her Family

 We are blessed everyday by having her share our home. She brings more joy than anything else. THIS is what it is all about!!!!

5 comments:

  1. AWWWW I love her little face!!! I'm so sorry I couldn't go to her blessing, I was getting set apart for a new calling and I had to get that done and then talk to the sunday school president and blah blah blah all boring stuff.
    I think her name is beautiful. I knew Crystal was a girl too. I was in the temple, and I felt like I was pregnant with a girl. I knew Seth and Jake were boys too. I had a hunch about this third baby, but I wasn't as sure because just deciding to have him was a surprise. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little lady! Can't wait to see you one day Eliza Snow Stacey. xoxoxo, Aunt Janelle, Uncle Richard, Cliffton, Violet and Azure

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, Felicia, you look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that we got to meet the little beauty. It was neat to be there for her blessing. Thanks for sharing your experience with her name. I think it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the posts Felicia! You, Matt, and Eliza are a wonderful family and we love you all!!

    ReplyDelete