Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Day in the SLC...

First, a visit to the Zoo.....

I just realized something. It drives me crazy that I can't indent my paragraphs on this blog thing. I try and try, and all tab does is highlight the next link on the page. So I'm left with block paragraphs, which is okay I suppose, but what do I do when I want to indent? Hit the space bar eight times? No thank you. That's WAY to time consuming, not to mention I might put different number of spaces at the beginning of each paragraph and that's just no good. Sigh.

(just as a funny anecdote here. After I hit enter to make a new paragraph I hit tab again to indent it. Even after going on a small rant about how it didn't work, I hit it anyway out of habit. Or spite. I'm not sure which. In either case, it still didn't work)

Anyway, I (finally) graduated two weeks ago with my degree in Public Relations. Yay me. Please hold your applause, it only took me far longer than it took anybody else who is or who will read this. Whatever. I only bring that up because the week after I found I had a lot of time on my hands what with not being in class anymore. So what better thing to do than take our three-month-old to the zoo. It was a beautiful day, and while Utah's Hogle Zoo is hardly the gold standard for zoo's, it is fun to go visit and they have made some really cool changes and additions that make it even more worthwhile. Plus, even though Eliza is only three months old, we were both super excited to show her the different animals.

Because we are excellent planners, we showed up right at nap time. It wouldn't have been all bad because it meant that we could enjoy the zoo without a crying baby, but since Eliza isn't much of a crier and we went there specifically for her, it meant we were left with the dilemma of waking her up to show her animals she wouldn't remember seeing or letting her sleep while we went through the zoo seeing animals we wish we were showing to Eliza.




She did eventually wake up so we got to show her a bear.











And other people.
Please disregard the booger (which you probably didn't even notice until I said something).












Second, a visit to Temple Square,

After we left the zoo we found we were still eager to show Eliza more cool things (and take more pictures) and also hungry, not to mention that Eliza is incredibly cute so we like to show her off as much as possible. So we went to City Creek Center to eat and then to Temple Square. Fortunately, we only got pictures of Temple Square, not eating. 

First, we decided that since Eliza is adorable, and flowers are pretty, they both belonged in the same picture.

Eliza agreed.











Although it may have been because this was also the first time we let her play in the dirt.










I'm running out of time so I won't caption the rest of the pictures. Eliza and one or both parents and the Salt Lake Temple. There are a couple close-up self portraits mixed in there. That became a thing we started doing last year after we got the camera. We were in too much of a hurry at Disney World to ask people to take pictures of us, and our camera has a flip out LCD screen, so we just started taking pictures of ourselves. It's kind of become a "thing" now, so we have a lot of them whenever we go anywhere.






3 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog entry Matt! MattnFelicianEliza - what a dynamic trio. Thanks for posting and expounding on your beautiful pics and fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an update! I was hoping I'd find one when I clicked on the link to your blog. And thanks for not taking pictures of eating. Food, restaurant, and table pictures at any event are my least favorite:) And you have a really cute baby to take a picture of. She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing family moments and pictures!!! Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete