Thursday, December 1, 2016

California, here we come!!!

I waited for this day for a long time. As I sat sick and pregnant on the couch for months AND months, this was one of the few things that gave me great hope for the future. It was great motivation to get me through the VERY long days because I knew this day was going to come. And our adventure did not disappoint in the slightest. We loved our time with the kids, with my parents, and with Michelle's family, AND the surprise visit from Stephen. 

 We stayed our first night in Primm, NV which Matt was not thrilled with. But the $40/ night made it maybe bearable for him. I don't really get the problem, its just a hotel room and its perfectly adequate and nice for cheap and a place to sleep. Eliza looked like she was on vacation here (pictured above and below) and I had to capture these moments.

The McPhillens stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel for a couple of nights so we went up and spent some time in there. It was definitely a step.....or two up from Primm, NV. The views were amazing!
We met up with Michelle and Sophia for lunch on Saturday. This might be my most favorite picture of Sophia EVER. I love these two girls together. 
 While bags were being relocated to the new hotel for the week's fun, the kids watched Disney cartoons at the Grand Californian.
 Then we ate lunch and played in Downtown Disney.
 And by the end of the night, we settled down to some coloring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment